What about idea of making a "Pythonic Lisp"...i.e. a Lisp that more closely resembles the syntax of Python?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 17:27:35 EDT 2019

On 9/15/19 9:10 AM, Christian Seberino wrote:
> Say if I may ask a tangential question...I've always wondered whether it would be not too hard to compile Python source code to a Lisp like source code?  How hard would it be to say compile Python source to Clojure source?

I'm sure a compiler could take a non-dynamic subset of Python and
transpile it into another language. Or you could implement an
interpreter in Clojure.

A project called Nuitka turns Python code into a compiled binary. I'm
not quite sure how it works since the dynamic parts of Python have to be
interpreted at runtime still.