"How to protect the python code"

Fabio Zadrozny fabiofz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 09:25:07 EDT 2019

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 5:49 AM Saba Kauser <skauser at rocketsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hello Experts,
>
> I am looking for ways available to protect the python source code from
> being available to users for write/modify.
> Is it a good idea to think that python source code can be protected?
>
> I am aware that there are ways available to generate extensions like in
> C(.pyd files) and module the sensitive code likewise, but are there any
> better options available for protecting the native python source code
> itself. My requirement is to have the application/source in native python
> and not intermediate to other languages.
>
> Please share your thoughts.

As far as I know, the best way to protect your code is to actually use
something as Nuitka or Cython to compile your pure-python code to native
extensions.

Now, if you don't want that, you can try to obfuscate your code (just
google "python obfuscate code" -- I haven't actually used any of those, but
I guess they may be what you want)...

--
Fabio