"How to protect the python code"

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 05:04:17 EDT 2019

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 6:50 PM Saba Kauser <skauser at rocketsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hello Experts,
>
> I am looking for ways available to protect the python source code from being available to users for write/modify.

Run it on a server and don't let them see the source code.

> Is it a good idea to think that python source code can be protected?

Nope. If you're going to ship Python code for people to run on their
own systems - or, honestly, *any* code - you should assume that they
can read it themselves. The only way is to NOT ship the code, which
(in today's world) usually means publishing it as a web app.

ChrisA