TypeError: loadtxt() got an unexpected keyword argument 'max_rows'

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Tue Sep 3 12:26:21 EDT 2019

On 03/09/2019 17:02, alberto wrote:
> I have this error
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "PlotnhvsvdBTP1.py", line 31, in <module>
> UCvol = np.loadtxt(outputtransfile,skiprows=26,max_rows=1,usecols=[1])
> TypeError: loadtxt() got an unexpected keyword argument 'max_rows'
>
> How could fix it?

A quick google search suggests that you aren't using a recent enough
version of numpy.  The "max_rows" keyword argument was added to
loadtxt() in version 1.16.0; you must be using an older version than
that.  Your options are to upgrade the version of numpy you have (don't
ask me how, I've never used it) or delete the "max_rows=1" and accept
the inefficiency.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd