Need help: integrating unittest with setuptools

YuXuan Dong yuxuan.dong at outlook.com
Sun Sep 1 23:44:37 EDT 2019

No, it doesn't. The stackoverflow question you posted is about the renaming of `winreg`.  `_winreg`  is renamed to `winreg`. That's why the poster can't find the module.  My program is written for and running on unix-like systems. I think `winreg` should not appear here. I have tried running `pip3 install winreg` on MacOS and I got: `Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement winreg`.

On 2019/9/2, 08:11, "Python-list on behalf of Sayth Renshaw" <python-list-bounces+yuxuan.dong=outlook.com at python.org on behalf of flebber.crue at gmail.com> wrote:

    On Monday, 2 September 2019 04:44:29 UTC+10, YuXuan Dong  wrote:
    > Hi, everybody:
    >
    > I have met a problem while I ran `python setup.py test`:
    >
    > 	unittest.case.SkipTest: No module named 'winreg'
    >
    > I ran the command in MacOS and my project is written for only UNIX-like systems. I don't use any Windows-specified API. How dose `winreg` come here?
    >
    > In my `setup.py`:
    >
    > 		test_suite="test"
    >
    > In my `test/test.py`:
    >
    > 	import unittest
    >
    > 	class TestAll(unittest.TestCase):
    > 		def testall(self):
    > 			return None
    >
    > It works if I ran `python -m uniittest test.py` alone but raises the above exception if I ran `python setup.py test`.
    >
    > I'm working on this for the whole day, searching for every keywords I can think of with Google but can't find why or how. Could you help me? Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > YX. D.

    Does this help?
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4320761/importerror-no-module-named-winreg-python3