installation problem

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 03:48:57 EDT 2019

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 at 00:50, fateme jbr <faajabbari at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Python team
>
> I have installed Python 3.7.4 on windows 10. I have access to IDLE and I
> can run simple programs, but when I type python in command window nothing
> happens. I wanna install pip and afterward some libraries and it is when
> the problem occurs.
>
> why doesn't prompt window recognize python. What shall I do?

You probably didn't choose "add Python to your PATH" when installing
(it's an option, that's off by default). You can manually add Python
to your PATH (if you don't know how to do this, there are plenty of
resources that can help - it's a fairly basic thing you need to be
aware of if you're using the command line), or you can reinstall, or
"repair" your installation and select the option. Or you can use the
Python launcher, py.exe, which is on PATH and which will launch Python
for you:

* Run python: py
* Run pip: py -m pip

Paul