Black

Wed Oct 23 16:04:09 EDT 2019

On 22/10/19 3:18 AM, lizhollinshead5 at gmail.com wrote:
> What do people think about black?
>
> I'm asking because one of my personal preferences is to use spaces for clarity:
>
> 1.  right = mystr[ start : ]
>
>           black version     right=mystr[start:]
>
> 2.  mtime = time.asctime( time.localtime( info.st_mtime ) )
>
>           black version     mtime = time.asctime(time.localtime(info.st_mtime))
>
> Is there a reason why PEP8 doesn't like these spaces?

FYI:
Python Bytes pod-cast "Episode #153: Auto format my Python please!"
https://pythonbytes.fm/episodes/show/153/auto-format-my-python-please
(topic nr6)
NB I have not listened to it.
[via PlanetPython]

Apparently informed by blog article: "written on 06/02/2018
Auto formatters for Python 👨‍💻🤖"
https://www.kevinpeters.net/auto-formatters-for-python

--
Regards =dn