Win32api problems

GerritM gerrit.muller at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 05:23:06 EDT 2019

I recently installed IPython, Pandas, Altair, Jupyter, MatPlotLib, and Numpy on my Windows 10, Python27 installation to explore what it can do.

When I tried to run my normal scripts a few days later, I discovered that win32com and related modules like win32ami give problems:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\gaudi\src\PythonTools\generateDocumentsPdf.py", line 10, in <module>
    from win32com.client.dynamic import Dispatch
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\win32com\__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
    import win32api, sys, os
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

after trying out several tips on Internet, like copying dll and pyd files, I re-installed my entire ActiveState installation. Luckily it works again.

However, question is what culprit of my initial list damaged the Python-win32 configuration?

Gerrit