Black

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 10:49:03 EDT 2019

IMO, if you care enough to not like black's formatting choices, you
probably shouldn't use it. The point of black is to *not* care about
formatting, but leave the decisions to the tool. If you're not doing
that, then it's probably the wrong tool for you. There may be other
code formatters that are more configurable - I honestly don't know -
and which therefore may be more useful to you once configured to your
liking. But black is (as I understand it) about *not* worrying about
formatting choices, so you can get on to other more important
decisions.

Personally, I don't really like some of black's choices. So I only use
it on projects where I'm tired of worrying about formatting and
readability and just want something that's OK. Over time, I'm finding
that's true of more and more of my projects :-)

Regarding your question on spaces, I like some of your spacing
choices, but not all of them. So we could have a debate over precisely
which spaces I agree with and which I don't. But I'm not really
interested in doing that. Black would probably help if we had to work
together, but unless we do, you can do what you want and I won't mind
:-)

Paul