Asking for feedback: Mirror GitHub issues with a static site generator

Vitaly Potyarkin sio.wtf at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 05:19:26 EDT 2019

Hello, I'm looking to get some feedback on my project.

It's a backup mechanism for GitHub issues and pull requests that creates
human-readable issue archives in HTML - ready to be served as a static web
site. The project is written in Python and works by extending Pelican
static site generator, it provides Makefiles for quickly starting with demo
configuration.

Here are the links:

- Home page and documentation: https://issyours.ml/
- Source code: https://github.com/sio/issyours
- Demo output: https://issyours.ml/demo/issues/
- Some rationale on why this project was started:
https://issyours.ml/design/

What do you think of the project idea? Would that be useful to you or
anyone you know?

How is documentation? Is it good enough for new users to get started?

What about demo instance? Does it show enough to spark interest?

Also, if you have time, any feedback on code/architecture would be very
appreciated!

Thanks!

--
Vitaly