Jupyter Notebook -> PDF with A4 pages?

Piet van Oostrum piet-l at vanoostrum.org
Wed Oct 16 17:47:20 EDT 2019

Martin Schöön <martin.schoon at gmail.com> writes:

> Den 2019-10-15 skrev Piet van Oostrum <piet-l at vanoostrum.org>:
>>
>> What does this report? Compare if there is a difference between home and work.
>>
>> from jupyter_core.paths import jupyter_path
>> print(jupyter_path('notebook','templates'))
>>
> In both cases I get (with different usernames):
>
> /home/username/.local/share/jupyter/notebook/templates
> /usr/local/share/jupyter/notebook/templates
> /usr/share/jupyter/notebook/templates
>
>> And maybe also
>> print(jupyter_path('nbconvert','templates'))
>
> Same as above but with "nbconvert" substituting "notebook".
>
> Pretty much all jupyter components are of older versions at
> work.

Could that be a version where the configuration is done differently?

> pip is version 8.1.1 which is what Ubuntu 16.04 comes
> with. I have learnt -- the hard way -- that pip should be
> used with the --user option. Does this mean I am stuck with
> pip version 8.1.1? I mean, pip install --user pip seams like
> cheating...

Why should that not work?

> For a moment I thought that maybe pdflatex was missing at work
> but not so.
>
> Disclaimer: I only had a few minutes to spend on this today.
>
> /Martin

Please also try the following command at the shell:
jupyter notebook --generate-config
and see where it generates the config file (this will overwrite the one that you made yourself).

Also in the shell where the notebook server is started lokk if the are error messages if you generate a PDF from a notebook.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet-l at vanoostrum.org>
WWW: http://piet.vanoostrum.org/