Odd delays when cwd is on a network mount

Tobiah toby at tobiah.org
Mon Oct 14 13:06:30 EDT 2019

On 10/11/19 6:04 PM, Gregory Ewing wrote:
> Cameron Simpson wrote:
>> Python's default sys.path includes the current working directory.
>
> Only in an interactive session, where it usually makes sense.

I was only using the REPL for demonstration.  The same delay
happens when I import a module in a script.  The module file
is on the local drive.  I only have to have a CWD on the mounted
drive to experience the 25 second delay.  As I said, the mount
is over a 5mb connection - it's not wildly quick but it's quite
usable normally.