python3, regular expression and bytes text

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 07:55:42 EDT 2019

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 10:41 PM Eko palypse <ekopalypse at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 13. Oktober 2019 21:20:26 UTC+2 schrieb moi:
> > [Do not know why I spent hours with this...]
> >
> > To answer you question.
> > Yes, I confirm.
> > It seems that as soon as one works with bytes and when
> > a char is encoded in more than 1 byte, "re" goes into
> > troubles.
> >

> First, sorry for answering so late but I double checked my mail inbox and there is no notification that you have answered, whereas I got a notification for each of the other posts. Not sure what happened.
> Thx for confirmation.

Is this the person who uses a forged Gmail address as his posting
address? For utterly unsurprising reasons, those posts simply ARE NOT
VISIBLE to a large number of people, including anyone who is
themselves using Gmail.

Don't use a forged address. If you want to use a fake address, use a
*legitimate* fake address, such as one ending ".invalid". Or use an
address at a domain that you own and control, and make sure that the
appropriate security information is set (eg don't have an SPF record
that says "-all"). There are lots of options. Stop abusing Gmail
addresses.

(My apologies for saying this in reply to an unrelated post, but I
also don't see those posts, so it's not easy to reply to them.)

ChrisA