3.7.4 (latest) install changes python to py and removes pip support

Jim Elphick jelphick at onetechnologies.net
Fri Oct 11 12:49:55 EDT 2019

Follow up to previous email.

I was able to get a working version of python 3.7.4 on Windows.

Steps to resolve:

  1.  Uninstalled Python Launcher from my Windows machine
  2.  Uninstalled Python 3.7.3  ( many uninstalls and re-installs)
  3.  Deleted Python37 folder
  4.  Using python installer from python.org, reinstalled using Custom
  5.  Deselected PythonLauncher (i.e. do NOT install Python Launcher).  Kept all other options.

Now "python -version" returns python 3.7.4.  And, importantly, I am able to access and upgrade pip and pipenv.

Pip still threw an error when I attempted to upgrade to  pip 19.2.3, but it actually installed it successfully.  Pipenv upgraded with no issue.

Python is back!

Thank you.

Jim