question about making an App for Android

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 13:51:54 EDT 2019

On 10/10/19 9:47 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:
> What I want is a "simple" program to calculate and display the
> "natural time", and do so on my phone.
>
> "A simple program" to divide the amount of "today's" daylight into 12
> even '"hours", so that Dawn begins the First hour, the third hour is
> mid-morning, noon is the middle of the day, the ninth hour mid after
> noon, and the twelfth hour ends at sunset.  Is simple, no?  {no.}
>
> But getting from the development environment (the desktop) to the
> phone is something I am clueless about.
>
> Any clues on the matter?

As much as I like Python, it's probably easiest nor the best choice to
make a simple app like this with a hybrid development toolkit.  For
example, the Qt5-based system called VPlay.  Your app would be a simple
UI file and a tiny bit of javascript to do the calculations.

In the Python world, there's a project called Kivy that lets you build
mobile Python-based applications.