Access violation in Python garbage collector (visit_decref) - how to debug?

Geoff Bache geoff.bache at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 02:44:30 EDT 2019

Thankyou!!!

That was it. Saved me a lot of time debugging no doubt and potential nasty
problems at customer sites etc.

I must admit I had just pattern-matched with these functions but had no
idea that some of them stole references. I still don't really understand
why, the docs say it is a "common idiom", but not common enough to be
familiar to me and tricky to be inconsistent. But now I know, and the crash
is gone :)

Regards and many thanks again,
/Geoff