Get __name__ in C extension module

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 10:03:57 EDT 2019

On 10/7/19 2:09 AM, Barry Scott wrote:
> I meant pass in the specific named logger that you C code will use.

Right, but I'm assuming that your C/C++ code will receive the logger
object by calling PyArg_ParseTuple (or similar), and I further assume
that you want to validate that the object actually is a logger.  Doing
that validation (by using an "O!" unit in the PyArg_ParseTuple format
string) requires access to the logging.Logger type object, and I was
unable to find a way to access that object by name.