Get __name__ in C extension module

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 19:44:10 EDT 2019

On 10/6/19 12:55 PM, Barry Scott wrote:
> Then the answer to your question is simple. Do it in python and passt
> logger into the C++ module.

Funny thing, that's exactly where I started this journey.  I couldn't
figure out how to get the logging.Logger type object, so that I could
use a "O!" format string unit.  This led me to read a bit more about
the logging framework, which led me to the advice to get loggers by
name, rather than passing them around, etc., etc.

> Next I would never code directly against the C API. Its a pain to use
> and get right, get the ref counts wrong and you get memory leaks of
> worse crash python.

Well, I like driving cars with manual transmissions, so ...