tab replace to space 4

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Nov 29 17:03:19 EST 2019

On 11/29/2019 3:05 PM, R.Wieser wrote:
> Terry,

> Its just that I've just began to touch tkinter, and would like to know of
> bug-related pitfalls before I waste energy on trying to figure out what I
> did wrong. :-\

I have been using tk/tkinter based IDLE for over a decade on Windows
with very few issues.  I think they are similarly stable on linux, etc.

macOS has been more problematical since Apple a) still provides the
ancient (15 years old?) and buggy tcl/tk 8.5.9 and b) keeps changing
things in its Aqua graphics, so that different tk releases has different
bugs.  tcl/tk on macOS has gotten lots of work in the last few years and
the devs claim that the brand new 8.6.10 should solve most of the
problems.  Since 8.7.0, our macOS installer has included a recent 8.6.x.
  It is possible that the upcoming 3.8.1 will include tk 8.6.10 if our
tests verify the claims.

--
Terry Jan Reedy