Python Resources related with web security

Mon Nov 25 18:33:47 EST 2019

On 26/11/19 11:48 AM, Tim Chase wrote:
> On 2019-11-25 21:25, Pycode wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 10:41:29 +1300, DL Neil wrote:
>>> Are such email addresses 'open' and honest?
>>
>> you are not being helpful or answer the question..
>
> What DL Neil seems to be getting at is that there's been an uptick in
> questions
>
> 1) where we don't know who you (and several other recent posters) are:
>
>    - The pyc.ode domain-name of your email address isn't a
>      real/registered domain
>
>    - there doesn't seem to be much evidence of you being part of the
>      Python community with a history of other messages

+other consideration regarding the best use of mail-lists and respecting
people's time.

For reference: an attempt to contact the OP directly, in a bid to refine
his questions/assist the production of answers (perhaps), failed - due
to the problem mentioned, ie one of his/her own making!

>    Neither factor inspires much confidence.
>
> 2) you (and others) are asking to be spoonfed example code that could
> cause problems on the internet.

> So I suspect DL Neil was raising awareness to make sure that anybody
> who *did* answer your questions might take the time to think about
> the potential consequences of the actions.  So DL *is* being helpful,
> but rather to the community, even if not necessarily to you in
> particular....

Thanks @tkc. Yes!

Given that the OP may have legitimate (and legal) reasons for the
question, I was reluctant to express direct criticism (which,
ironically-enough) is contrary to 'open' etc behavior.

Previous to this, had discussed such concerns with a ListAdmin, who is
taking it further. I hope we'll (soon) see something further from the
Python-/List-gods...

As a student of irony, I was amused at being told that I wasn't
answering questions - by someone who didn't even acknowledge, and
certainly didn't attempt to address, concerns raised. Colors += mast?

--
Regards =dn