Would like some design feedback.

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Sat Nov 23 07:03:26 EST 2019

I am working on a module that works out this idea of a piline in python

http://code.activestate.com/recipes/580625-collection-pipeline-in-python

I have a number of design questions I would like some feedback on.

1) In the recipe the '|' is used as the pipe line operator. I like that
for its similar use in unix-shells. However I have been thinking about
using '>>' instead. What would your preference be and why.

2) I also want these classes to be composable. So that if I would do
something like: Process = Map(double) @ Map(add1)

range(10) | Process would act the same as range(10) | Map(double) | Map(add1)

What operator would I use for this? Should I use the same operator as
for question 1 or a different one? If a different one which one?

--
Antoon.