How to delay until a next increment of time occurs ?

R.Wieser address at not.available
Fri Nov 15 04:08:00 EST 2019

Dave,

> OK I'm old enough cancer to know what X10 is. :-)

Ah, so that is the name I forgot. :-)

> I wouldn't think this is too difficult to do as you're only sending.

You're right, codewise it isn't.

> For this application IMO there is too much going on inside python that can
> interrupt the cycle of modulation. (Intra and Extra python; garbage
> collection, other processes, etc)

Actually, it seems to work rather well.   Ofcourse, that is with just the
python program running, and sending the code a couple of times for good
measure.

> I would drop back to a simple program in C that you execute from python

A program I wrote before even thinking of doing the same in Python. :-)

My goal here was to see if I could do the same in pure python.   I can, but
barily.

> Let me stress, my advise is doing this *reliably*.

:-) Not possible without any kind of "is it on?" checking/feed-back
mechanism.   As such a one-way signalling as is used for those wall-warts is
"best effort" at best.

> Once you have this working reliably, you could then look to convert
> it to a python c-module to more tightly integrate it.

Interfacing Python with C{something} was already on the agenda.   Using this
as a goal is a likely candidate. :-)

Regards,
Rudy Wieser