nonlocal fails ?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 16:23:44 EST 2019

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 8:21 AM R.Wieser <address at not.available> wrote:

> Michael,
>
> > I note that you didn't answer the question, what are you trying
> > to accomplish?
>
> I think I did - though implicitily.   What do normal people use "by
> reference" arguments for ?   Yep, that is what I wanted too.

That doesn't really answer the question. It's like you just bought a
self-driving car and then ask people how you push the accelerator
pedal. What are you trying to do? Well, what normal people use the
accelerator pedal for! Only, that's irrelevant. The point of your new
car isn't to push the pedal - it's to get you some place. Where are
you trying to get to?

ChrisA