How to delay until a next increment of time occurs ?

R.Wieser address at not.available
Wed Nov 13 13:21:11 EST 2019

Dennis,

> So... you need to adjust for the time spent in processing between
> calls to sleep().

That was my first thought too, but any code calculating that adjustment
before ultimatily calling sleep itself can also be interrupted.    With that
in mind I was aiming/hoping for something with a /very/ short path between
the calculation and executing the sleep (as in: none at all, done by the
system itself).

> The creep could be mitigated some by having the handler's first
> action being to start the next timer instance, and then doing "stuff".

Yup.   But the cost of using that command is generating threads - which some
search results warned against (not sure why though).

The best solution I can think of would be a build-in (hardware?) timer which
would generate "ticks" until its stopped.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser