Looking for python pentest scripts

Mon Nov 11 15:04:52 EST 2019

On 11/11/19 4:39 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
> On 11/10/2019 7:32 PM, Bob Gailer wrote:
>> On Nov 10, 2019 6:40 AM, "nixuser" <nixuser at nixu.ser> wrote:
>>> can someone tell about good resource for python related pentesting
>>> scripts?
>>> any extensive list?
>  > Try Googling python pentesting. That will give you some relevant links.
> (Google's Youtube has multiple sometimes interesting videos where people
> do penetration tests with bullets and arrows and such against various
> targets.  It turns out the the 'funny-looking' extensions near the top
> of some medieval plate armor chest pieces serve to block arrow heads
> deflected up off the chest toward the chin.)

TLDR? Last paragraph is most pertinent.

I read this, whilst still chortling at the opus @Chris had pen-ned about
testing.

Then one of the guys from my old unit rang. He was grumbling (even
though Americans are typically less familiar with the British
expression: grumpy, old men - it suits us). He wanted to know if we have
been "infected" over here (we have), his complaint was about the rising
fashion for "Singles Day", and "doesn't 11 and 11 mean either 22 or 4?
So, what's 'single' about that?". Guess he has a point, how come 'they'
didn't at least 'downgrade' to choosing 1/1? Some (other) significance
to the numbers perhaps?

Evidently Remembrance Day/Veterans' Day can have different meanings, as
per "pen-testing".

Similarly, an irony: the OP hasn't fronted to say whether (s)he has
'white hat' or 'black hat' ambitions; just as the contemplation of war
and peace brings one to consider how the motives behind the possibility
of single-selfishness today, contrast markedly from those of accepting
the suffering and sacrifice which helped to make this world what it is.

To distract from the above conversational tone, I mentioned the 'armor'
deflection-pieces (there's probably a name for these, but we didn't use
"armor" (I'm not THAT old) - nor did we have kevlar vests!). The laconic
reply was that "No, but when you're the target of attack, we'd
burrow-down attempting to hide behind the smallest pebble". Almost the
same thing then?

However, we're here to discuss Python:
A 'security' colleague commented that there is a Linux
distro/distribution, "Kali" (another name with opportunity for
ambiguity!). Apparently, "Kali is designed for pen-testing - and there
are likely many associated Python scripts, because Python is a language
so well suited to fast-developing situations!". YMMV...

WebRefs:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali
https://www.kali.org/