Using Makefiles in Python projects

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 22:57:09 EST 2019

On 11/9/19 5:09 PM, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> I thought recent versions of Win10 had a full Ubuntu subsystem. Before
> that, doesn't something like Cygwin still exist/work?

Sure you can install Ubuntu into the WSL2 system, but it's not like you
can use that to script things back into Windows land. The WSL2 is
essentially a light-weight virtual machine.  You can access the windows
file system from within it, but so far as I know you can't interact with
Windows processes, at least not easily.

So no, the WSL is not like cygwin.