Can't run easy_install even though setuptools is installed

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Fri Nov 8 04:14:08 EST 2019

Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au> wrote:
> On 07Nov2019 21:38, Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> >I'm a bit flummoxed.
> >
> >I'm trying to install a Python package from pypi.org, it says it
> >should be installed by running "easy_install onkyo-eiscp" but I just
> >get "easy_install:  command not found" when I try that.  I do have
> >setuptools installed on my system and I can see "easy_install.py" in
> >the package installation area.
> >
> >This is on an xubuntu 19.04 Linux system.
> >
> >So what is wrong?
>
> Have you tried this?
>
>    pip install onkyo-eiscp

I have now and it worked perfectly.  So why do the install
instructions for onkyo-eiscp say do "easy_install onkyo-eiscp"? It
definitely means from the command line.  I mean it's not even as if
"easy_install" is fewer letters to type than "pip install"! :-)

Anyway, thanks for the help,

--
Chris Green
·