Using Makefiles in Python projects

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 17:41:26 EST 2019

On 2019-11-07, Skip Montanaro <skip.montanaro at gmail.com> wrote:

> In short, if you have to type a command more than once, you need a
> Makefile. It will save you time and serve as documentation to
> yourself and others about how the various pieces of your project fit
> together.

Definitely.

Some of the projects I work on don't actually use "make" to build the
software product.  But they still have a Makefiles with targets for
things like formatting documentation, installing the software on a
target, tagging and archiving a version, generating a tarball of GPL
sources, updating source trees from upstream, etc...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! BARBARA STANWYCK makes
                                  at               me nervous!!