psutil.boot_time() ... doesn't ?

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Wed Nov 6 20:07:46 EST 2019

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 7:54 PM Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> I don't know how much Linux is customized for RP, but last I knew,
> Python on RP is MicroPython, not CPython.  So I expect OS-related
> functions to not necessarily match Linux on a desktop.

The default OS on all Raspberry Pi models is Raspbian, a full-blown
Debian Linux derivative, which comes with Python 2 and Python 3
installed -- CPython, to be clear.

MicroPython was designed for microcontroller boards that are too small
to run an OS. Popular boards are the BBC microbit and ESP8266. Those
devices don't run Linux. To use MicroPython on them, you install
firmware that boots directly into the MicroPython runtime, which
includes a REPL.

Cheers,

Luciano

> --