psutil.boot_time() ... doesn't ?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 15:37:01 EST 2019

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 7:21 AM R.Wieser <address at not.available> wrote:

> Chris
>
> > That's possibly because you're looking at psutil, which is a third
> > party package. Here's its documentation:
>
> My info came frome here:
> https://www.programcreek.com/python/example/53873/psutil.boot_time
>
> Looking at example 1 it looks the be the same.

Yep, looks like that site probably cribbed the example from the docs,
or similar. Your code is fine.

> > But I don't know what its definition is, whether it's "current time
> > minus uptime" or "timestamp recorded during bootup". It might
> > not even be consistent across platforms.
>
> Oh yoy !   :-\

Yeah... welcome to the wonderful world of cross-platform libraries
that depend on different facilities. Different OSes make different
promises, and the library has to try to paper over those distinctions
and give a consistent result. It's usually fine, but there WILL be
edge cases.

ChrisA