Installation problem with python 3.7 in windows 7 ultimate p.c(32 bit) showing unspecified error 0x80072ee7...

eryk sun eryksun at gmail.com
Wed May 22 08:14:37 EDT 2019

On 5/22/19, Sirso Bhatto <sirso81 at gmail.com> wrote:

>        I am Shirsendu. I encountered a problem while installing python 3.7
> in my windows 7 ultimate p.c(32 bit) . It is showing an unspecified error
> of 0x80072ee7 when i am trying to initialize it in my pc. Please help me.

A status code with only the high bit set in the high nibble (e.g. 0x8)
is likely a failure code in the HRESULT [1] domain. 0x007 in the next
3 nibbles (i.e. the facility code) is the Windows API facility (i.e.
FACILITY_WIN32). This tells us that the lower 4 nibbles (16-bit word)
is a Windows system error code [2]. In this case, 0x2EE7 (12007) is
the WinINet error code [3] ERROR_INTERNET_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED, i.e. the
server name could not be resolved. It appears there's an issue with
your network connection or DNS configuration in this context. Try
using the offline executable installer [4], and make sure to clear the
option to install the debug binaries and symbols since those have to
be downloaded.

[1]: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/windows_protocols/ms-erref/0642cb2f-2075-4469-918c-4441e69c548a
[2]: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/Debug/system-error-codes
[3]: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/WinInet/wininet-errors