Why Python has no equivalent of JDBC of Java?

Marco Sulla mail.python.org at marco.sulla.e4ward.com
Mon May 20 17:38:00 EDT 2019

On Mon, 20 May 2019 at 17:32, Thomas Jollans <tjol at tjol.eu> wrote:

> Python has a the "Python Database API" (DB API 2.0)
> https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0249/

So why Oracle need instantclient for using cx_Oracle? They say they use
DB-API:

<http://www.python.org/topics/database/DatabaseAPI-2.0.html> with

https://oracle.github.io/python-cx_Oracle/

On Sun, 19 May 2019 at 23:47, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've no idea what the hassles are with Oracle, as it's a database
> engine that I don't use. But with PostgreSQL, which I *do* use, I can
> assure you that it's much easier

I use Postgres if I can choose, but companies uses Oracle unluckily. Oracle
and MSSQL. And I must say that surprisingly, being a Microsoft product, I
find MSSQL more simple to install than Oracle, like Postregres, and has an
easier SQL syntax.  Like Postgres.