Building a statically linked Python, and pip

Thomas Jollans tjol at tjol.eu
Wed May 8 02:54:52 EDT 2019

On 08/05/2019 03:18, Simon Michnowicz via Python-list wrote:
> Dear Group,
> I need to build a statically linked Python that has pip.

What a curious thing to need.

> I built a version following the instructions at
> https://wiki.python.org/moin/BuildStatically
> but pip was not present in the binary directory afterwards.
>
> [...]
>
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named '_queue'

As the wiki instructions point out, if you want standard library modules
written in C (such as _queue), you have to set them up to be built
inside your binary.

So you'll have to figure out which modules you need for what you're
doing and how to include them in your build.