ANN: DIPY 0.16.0 release

Eleftherios Garyfallidis elef at indiana.edu
Wed May 1 13:27:52 EDT 2019

Hello all!,

We are excited to announce a new release of Diffusion Imaging in Python
(DIPY).

If you use DIPY in your research, please cite us using the following
DOI: 10.3389/fninf.2014.00008
<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24600385>

DIPY 0.16 (Monday, 10 March 2019)

This release received contributions from 14 developers (the full release
notes are at: http://dipy.org/release0.16.html
<http://nipy.org/dipy/release0.16.html>). Thank you for your contributions
and feedback!

Highlights of this release include:

   -

   Horizon, medical visualization interface powered by QuickBundlesX.
   -

   New Tractometry tools: Bundle Analysis / Bundle Profiles.
   -

   New reconstruction model: IVIM MIX (Variable Projection).
   -

   New command line interface: Affine and Diffeomorphic Registration.
   -

   New command line interface: Probabilistic, Deterministic and PFT
   Tracking.
   -

   Integration of Cython Guidelines for developers.
   -

   Replacement of Nose by Pytest.
   -

   Documentation update.
   -

   Closed 103 issues and merged 41 pull requests.

Note:

   -

   DIPY 0.16.0 will be the last version to support Python 2. The next
   release, DIPY 1.0.0,  will support Python 3 only.

To upgrade or install <http://dipy.org/release0.10.html> DIPY

Run the following command in your terminal:
<http://dipy.org/release0.10.html>

pip install --upgrade dipy

or

conda install -c conda-forge dipy

This version of DIPY depends on nibabel (2.3.0+).

Questions or suggestions?

For any questions go to http://dipy.org, or send an e-mail to
dipy at python.org <neuroimaging at python.org>

We also have an instant messaging service and chat room available at
https://gitter.im/nipy/dipy

On behalf of the DIPY developers,

Eleftherios Garyfallidis, Ariel Rokem, Serge Koudoro

http://dipy.org/developers.html