Why do I need to use pip3 but not pip

Arup Rakshit ar at zeit.io
Sat Mar 30 04:20:09 EDT 2019

Hi,

When I read this https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/installing/ it says I have the pip installed when I installed the python from official doc. But when I run the `pip` command from shell, I get error, but pip3 works.

~/python_playground
▶ pip --version

zsh: command not found: pip

~/python_playground                                                                                                                                           ⍉
▶ pip3 --version

pip 18.1 from /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip (python 3.7)

Do I always need to install using pip3 program then?

Thanks,

Arup Rakshit
ar at zeit.io