Prepare accented characters for HTML

Tony van der Hoff lists at vanderhoff.org
Thu Mar 28 05:38:38 EDT 2019

Hi,

I have a MariaDB database, which contains accented (mostly French)
characters. I need to display these on an HTML page. I'm using the Jinja
templating engine.

So, for instance, é needs to be replaced by é and so on. I've had
some success using string.replace(), but it is difficult to cater for
every case.

Ideally there would be a library function to handle this, either in
Python, or Jinja, but Googling around has not revealed such.

Does anyone know of such a function, and where I might find it?

Cheers, Tony
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony at vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |