Your IDE's?

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Wed Mar 27 19:01:49 EDT 2019

On 27Mar2019 10:55, Anssi Saari <as at sci.fi> wrote:
>Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> writes:
>> Emacs and a shell multiplexer (today, that's GNU Screen, but others
>> swear that I should try TMux).
>
>I've actually been using tmux for a while. The only reason and the only
>thing I can think of that it does and screen doesn't is that tmux can
>display italic text and screen apparently can't. So I went with tmux for
>Usenet.
>
>Well, there were some claims from tmux about it being a better terminal
>but I can't really see a difference.

I find the tmux command line far more regular and flexible. Screen's
option set is ... weird and complex and has clearly just grown over
time. Tmux is far better there.

It also has more features: panes within windows, etc. I rarely use that
(I use panes in my terminal emulator heavily though), although my mutt
composition mode uses a tmux pane for the composition so I still have
access to the main index above it.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>