configparser - which one?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 09:44:58 EDT 2019

On 2019-03-26, Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au> wrote:

> Like JSON, YAML etc are far far easier than XML for the reader.

If "far far easier than XML for the reader" is the bar, then we'll
have to keep "nailgun to the eyeballs" on the list...

That said, I agree with the rest of Cameron's post: for simpler stuff
.ini is darn hard to beat.  If you need nesting/arrays, then I'd
probably pick YAML over JSON.  Making simple changes to an
automatically-generated JSON file by hand is easy enough. But, I find
generating anything remotely complex by hand is far easier in YAML
than it is in JSON.  As usual, YMMV.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! HUMAN REPLICAS are
                                  at               inserted into VATS of