Multiple log files using logging module

Luuk luuk at invalid.lan
Sun Mar 24 13:34:33 EDT 2019

On 24-3-2019 18:13, Sharan Basappa wrote:
> I have a test program that imports a design program.
> Both the programs need to log messages.
>
> I have tried the following:
>
> 1) Both the programs have the following lines:
> for handler in logging.root.handlers[:]:
>      logging.root.removeHandler(handler)
>
> #Create and configure logger
> filename = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(os.path.realpath(__file__)), '<>')
> logging.basicConfig(filename=filename, filemode='w', format='%(asctime)s %(message)s')
> #Creating an object
> logger = logging.getLogger()
> #Setting the threshold of logger to DEBUG
> logger.setLevel(logging.DEBUG)
>
> replace <> above with respective log file names for test and design programs.
> However, the test program logs the messages but not the design program.
>
> 2) I removed the above lines from design program altogether hoping that the messages will appear in the same log file. There is no error, however, no message is logged from the design program.
>
> I would like to get comment from members here as well as some simple programs to illustrate this ...

As mentioned in your other thread, you should take note on HOW you put
the filenames in there.

How do you see the end of the line starting with 'filename =...'?

Is it like:
for TEST:    ...., 'TEST')
for DESIGN: ...., 'DESIGN')

or did you put a full pathname in there?

and, if you did put a full pathname in there (i.e. 'D:\TEMP\TEST' ),
did you also put the 'r' in front of it, like this:
    ...., r'D:\TEMP\TEST')

--
Luuk