log file

Sharan Basappa sharan.basappa at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 13:08:12 EDT 2019

On Sunday, 24 March 2019 14:20:36 UTC+5:30, Sharan Basappa  wrote:
> On Sunday, 24 March 2019 10:57:13 UTC+5:30, Cameron Simpson  wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > >Would the file not get logged using the current directory?
> >
> > It should be.
> >
> > >BTW, I changed the file location as follows and still I don't see it:
> > >
> > >logging.basicConfig(filename="D:\Users\sharanb\OneDrive - HCL
> > >Technologies Ltd\Projects\MyBackup\Projects\Initiatives\machine
> > >learning\programs\assertion\CNN\test_1.log", filemode='w',
> > >format='%(asctime)s %(message)s')
> >
> > Did you read my other recent post? You should define strings with
> > backslashes in them such are your file path as 'raw strings', which
> > start with r' or r" instead of a plain quote character. Raw strings do
> > not interpret \x escapes. In particular your path above has a '\a' in
> > it, which is not a backslash followed by an "a", it is a BEL character.
> >
> > That said, I can't see what's wrong with your original example which has
> > no backslashes.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>
>
> Ah. I finally solved the issue though I don't know what the problem itself it.
> This is how the new code looks like:
>
> for handler in logging.root.handlers[:]:
>     logging.root.removeHandler(handler)
>
> #Create and configure logger
> filename = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(os.path.realpath(__file__)), 'test_1.log')
> logging.basicConfig(filename=filename, filemode='w', format='%(asctime)s %(message)s')
>
> I found the above tip from the following discussion:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30861524/logging-basicconfig-not-creating-log-file-when-i-run-in-pycharm

I think I got some more idea about the issue though I still don't know the root cause.
So, my test program is importing design file.
Both test and design file are have the following lines:
#Create and configure logger
filename = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(os.path.realpath(__file__)), 'test_5.log')
logging.basicConfig(filename=filename, filemode='w', format='%(asctime)s %(message)s')
#Creating an object
logger = logging.getLogger()

I think this is causing the issue. Anyway, I am able to log from the test program. However, I am not able to log anything from design program.

I will open a separate thread on this topic.