log file

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Sun Mar 24 01:26:58 EDT 2019

On 23Mar2019 21:47, Sharan Basappa <sharan.basappa at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Friday, 22 March 2019 09:13:18 UTC+5:30, MRAB  wrote:
>> On 2019-03-22 03:25, Sharan Basappa wrote:
>> > I am running a program and even though the program runs all fine, the log file is missing. I have pasted first few lines of the code.
>> > Any suggestions where I maybe going wrong?
[...]
>> > #Create and configure logger
>> > logging.basicConfig(filename="test_1.log", filemode='w', format='%(asctime)s %(message)s')
>> >
>> Are you sure that you know where it's putting the log file? You have a
>> relative path there, but relative to where? Try it with an absolute path.
>>
>> Are you sure that it's logging anything? Log a simple message just after
>> configuring to double-check.
>
>Would the file not get logged using the current directory?

It should be.

>BTW, I changed the file location as follows and still I don't see it:
>
>logging.basicConfig(filename="D:\Users\sharanb\OneDrive - HCL
>Technologies Ltd\Projects\MyBackup\Projects\Initiatives\machine
>learning\programs\assertion\CNN\test_1.log", filemode='w',
>format='%(asctime)s %(message)s')

Did you read my other recent post? You should define strings with
backslashes in them such are your file path as 'raw strings', which
start with r' or r" instead of a plain quote character. Raw strings do
not interpret \x escapes. In particular your path above has a '\a' in
it, which is not a backslash followed by an "a", it is a BEL character.

That said, I can't see what's wrong with your original example which has
no backslashes.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>