array of characters?

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 15:54:17 EDT 2019

I don't know the answer, and PEP 393 doesn't talk about the array('u')
deprecation directly. But it seems to me that with Py_UNICODE going away
this array type code would have to be completely reimplemented, and also at
that point array('u') is just equivalent to array('L') with some extra
conversion semantics. Maybe it's simply deprecated because nobody has
proposed keeping it and anybody who really wants it can accomplish the same
with 'L'.