Re: Block Ctrl+S while running Python script at Windows console? (solved)

Malcolm Greene python at bdurham.com
Mon Mar 18 21:57:35 EDT 2019

Eryk,

> Another common culprit is quick-edit mode, in which case a stray mouse click can select text, even just a single character. The console pauses while text is selected.

MYSTERY SOLVED !! THANK YOU !!

Apparently, while mouse clicking between windows, I was inadvertently selecting a char on my console, thereby pausing the process that was running. Disabling Quick-Edit mode via the Properties dialog fixes this behavior.

I tried other console property setting combinations to block Ctrl+S keyboard behavior, but without success. Not a problem since I'm pretty sure I'm not typing random Ctrl+S keystrokes while working.

Thanks again Eryk!
Malcolm