asyncio Question

Simon Connah scopensource at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 05:02:30 EDT 2019

Hi,

Hopefully this isn't a stupid question. For the record I am using Python
3.7 on Ubuntu Linux.

I've decided to use asyncio to write a TCP network server using Streams
and asyncio.start_server(). I can handle that part of it without many
problems as the documentation is pretty good. I have one problem though
that I am not sure how to solve. Each request to the server will be a
JSON string and one of the components of the JSON string will be the
latitude and longitude. What I want to do is associate a latitude and
longitude with the client connection. Every time the latitude and
longitude changes then the two values will be updated. There will only
ever be one latitude and longitude for each client connection (since a
device can only ever be in one place). I'm just not sure what the best
method to achieve this would be when using asyncio.start_server().

Any help would be greatly appreciated.