"How to package additional files under site-packages "

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Tue Mar 5 01:33:54 EST 2019

Saba Kauser <skauser at rocketsoftware.com> writes:
> I want data_files to be copied under my package install path.
> How do I achieve this?

You could look at one of my packages (i.e. "dm.*", e.g. "dm.pdb").

Essentially, I have the data files besides the Python sources
and let "setuptools" determine the relevant files
(sources and data) as those managed via a source code
control system (=SCCS). For the latter to work, your Python
must have installed the integration module for your SCCS.