Make sure the window title is visible in tkinter

Cousin Stanley cousinstanley at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 09:56:05 EDT 2019

Cousin Stanley wrote ....

>>  You might try setting a given window geometry
>>  to accomodate the long title ....
>>
>>  win_w = 400
>>  win_h = 300
>>
>>  ofs_h = 40
>>  ofs_v = 30
>>
>>  window.geometry( "%dx%d+%d+%d" % ( win_w , win_h , ofs_h , ofs_v ) )
>>

>>  Maybe add a bit of extra space for users
>>  with different default font sizes ....
>>
>>  Not a general solution
>>  but perhaps workable ....

moi wrote ....

> No, huge mistake.

  It isn't clear to me how specifying a particular geometry
  for one's own self-coded tkinter gui prgrams with windows
  that are resize-able would be a mistake ....

> Take for example the Windows installer.
>
> The window is so small, you can not even read the path
> where Python will be installed.
>
> Bonus: the windows is not resizable and part of items
> are not even visible.
>
> It would be to bad to not mimic this behavior.
>
> Just tested it 2 min ago on my Windows 7.1 with py3.7.3.

  I didn't suggest modifying 3rd party programs,
  but the suggestion I offered was meant to be applied
  to one's own code ....

  I have used a given geometry for dozens of my own
  tkinter gui programs such that a modest window size
  which assures that all widgets are viewable
  when first presented to the user ....

--
Stanley C. Kitching
Human Being