EuroPython 2019: More Attendee Updates

M.-A. Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Sun Jun 30 06:37:30 EDT 2019

We have had a whole set of updates in the last two days. In order not
to spam you too much with all the blog post texts, we're sending out a
summary.

EuroPython 2019 Keynotes
------------------------

We are proud to announce our keynote lineup for EuroPython 2019:

- AI in Contemporary Art by Luba Elliott
- Are women underrepresented in the High Performance
  Computing (HPC) community? by Athina Frantzana
- Getting Your Data Joie De Vivre Back! by Lynn Cherny
- Python Performance: Past, Present and Future by Victor Stinner
- Why You Should Pursue Public Speaking and How to
  Get There by Yenny Cheung

Full text:
https://blog.europython.eu/post/185904088457/europython-2019-keynotes

EuroPython 2019: Call for On-site Volunteers

Ever wanted to help out during Europython ? Do you want to *really*
take part in EuroPython, meet new people and help them at the same
time ?

We have just the right thing for you: apply as EuroPython Volunteer
and be part of the great team that is making EuroPython 2019 a reality
this year.

Full text and how to sign up:
https://blog.europython.eu/post/185904252962/europython-2019-call-for-on-site-volunteers

EuroPython 2019: Social event tickets available

After the keynotes and talks on Thursday, July 11th, we’ve organized a
social event at the workshop venue, the FHNW Muttenz. Starting at
19:00 CEST, you can join us for an evening party with finger food,
drinks and music.

Full text:
https://blog.europython.eu/post/185929674552/europython-2019-social-event-tickets-available

EuroPython 2019: SIM cards for attendees

Switzerland is often not included in European cell provider’s roaming
packages and also not covered by the EU roaming regulation, so you can
potentially incur significant charges when going online with your
mobile or notebook.

In order to make things easier for you, we have purchased 300 SIM
cards from a local Swiss cell provider, which we will make available
in our ticket shop. After purchase, you can then pick up the cards at
the registration desk (please bring your receipt).

Full text and how to buy:
https://blog.europython.eu/post/185929675562/europython-2019-sim-cards-for-attendees

Dates and Venues
----------------

EuroPython will be held from July 8-14 2019 in Basel, Switzerland, at
the Congress Center Basel (CCB) for the main conference days (Wed-Fri)
and the FHNW Muttenz for the workshops/trainings/sprints days
(Mon-Tue, Sat-Sun).

The schedule is available at:

    https://ep2019.europython.eu/events/schedule/

Tickets can be purchased on our registration page:

    https://ep2019.europython.eu/registration/buy-tickets/

For more details, please have a look at our website and the FAQ:

    https://ep2019.europython.eu/faq

Help spread the word
--------------------

Please help us spread this message by sharing it on your social
networks as widely as possible. Thank you !

Link to the blog posts:

https://blog.europython.eu/

Tweets:

https://twitter.com/europython/