Is there an archive of this list with permanent URLs to each message?

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Tue Jun 18 13:00:49 EDT 2019

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 12:27 PM jkn <jkn_gg at nicorp.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> A second edition? Curses, just after I recently bought a copy of the first edition ;-o ...
>
> (It's a very good book BTW - thanks!)

Thanks, J!

The 2nd edition won't be available until Q1 2020 at the earliest.

Dave Beazley once told me that Fluent Python was very forward looking,
so the 1st edition is still very relevant IMHO.

The examples that broke are the ones using asyncio, which was
provisional at the time and had significant API changes (aiohttp, used
in several examples, had even more breaking changes).

Besides the asyncio breakage, there are a few better ways of doing
things. And I will cover typing.

Cheers,

Luciano

--