How control a GUI for an unrelated application from a Python script?

Thomas Jollans tjol at tjol.eu
Fri Jun 14 05:43:18 EDT 2019

On 14/06/2019 01.49, Christian Seberino wrote:
> I have a third party GUI that manages some hardware.
>
> I want to control the hardware from a Python script.

Forget about the GUI, see if you can control your device without it.

See how well the device is documented. Maybe there's an API? If not for
Python, maybe for C? If not, maybe it's easy to write your own driver in
Python?

Writing a driver for a simple message-based wire protocol is not very
hard, and may be easier than reliably controlling somebody else's GUI
with a script.