tkinter: tk.grid columnspan

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jun 5 22:55:19 EDT 2019

On Wed, 5 Jun 2019, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

> 	With only those two fields as the only thing defined in the grid
> sizer, than there are only two columns in the grid, and nothing in which
> to "span" a field.

Dennis,

Makes sense to me.

> 	My antique Tkinter book is in storage a mile away, so I can't verify if
> my understanding is correct. https://effbot.org/tkinterbook/grid.htm sort
> of reinforces that, in that the example with spanning defines four(0..3)
> columns in use, with the image using the 3rd&4th columns (2..3) and the
> checkbox spanning the first two columns (0..1)

Yes, I read that.

> 	wxPython has:

I've used wxPython for years and decided that for my new projects I'd use
tkinter. I have the impression it is easier when users run MacOS and Windoze
rather than linux. Perhaps not, but there are aspects of wxPython that wore
me out. I find tkinter easier to read and write, but I'm still at the very
bottom of the learning curve.

Regards,

Rich